Earn CM Points through Journal Reviews
Journal article reviews are counted in Category 9 – Other Activities. Category 9 has a point maximum of 2.0 CM. The point breakdown for journal reading can be found in the Journal Article Verification Worksheet, which must be submitted with your CM Worksheet.
LIA Members received electronic access to the Journal of Laser Applications (JLA), which may also be used.
For additional research databases, reach out to your local public library.
- Chapter 4. Laparoscopic Laser Injury by Alexis H. Kim, MD, G. David Adamson, MD, FRCS, FACOG, FACS
- Grocela JA, Dretler SP. Intracorporeal lithotripsy: Instrumentation and development. Urol Clin North Am 1997, 24:1:13-23
- Journal of Laser Applications, all Volumes, all Issues. Any/all articles from this journal will be accepted. www.scitation.org/jla
- Laser Discectomy, Author: Jasvinder Chawla, MBBS, MD, MBA, Associate Professor of Neurology, Director of Neurology Residency Training Program, Director of Clinical Neurophysiology Laboratory, Assistant Director of Neurology Clerkship Program, Department of Neurology, Loyola University Medical Center, Updated: May 17, 2009
- Laser Safety Guidelines, 05-2010 (May 2010), http://www.jcadonline.com/laser-safety-guidelines/ and Laser Classification Systems, 10-2010 (October 2010), http://www.jcadonline.com/laser-classification-systems/#more-2909, Author: Howard Bargman, MD, FRCPC, CMLSO, The Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology (JCAD)
- Medical Laser Application, Vol. 25, Issue 2 (April 2010). Any/all articles from this special laser safety issue will be accepted. www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/16151615
- Photomedicine and Laser Surgery, Vol. 28, Number 2 (April 2010). Any/all articles from this journal will be accepted. www.liebertonline.com/toc/pho/28/2
- PubMed Central (PMC) is a free digital archive of biomedical and life science journals. Search for “laser”, Search all articles. Any/all FULL TEXT articles will be accepted. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/
Please complete and return the Journal Article Verification Worksheet with your CM worksheet to obtain CM point credit.