- Who are you? Lynette Lakshmeena
- What is your educational background? I have been an aesthetician for over 20 years and a Certified Medical Laser Safety Officer and Certified Laser Aesthetic Operator for the last 2 years. I also have a background in wellness being that I attended the California College of Ayurveda. Ayurveda is the ancient science of longevity from India.
- Where do you work? I work in Phoenix AZ with Dr Bendy K So M.D., F.A.C.S. Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
- When did you start working with lasers? I began my laser career in 2007. After 20 years in the aesthetic industry I was looking for something innovative and result orientated that I could offer to the growing number of “feel good look good” patient base.
Becoming an LSO
- How did you become the LSO? By striving to continue my education with lasers I prepared for the national certification exam through the NCLE (National Council of Laser Excellence), this gave me “Board Certified” status. I also consistently attend classes, workshops and seminars on and off the web. I joined the LIA and ASLMS so I can participate with like-minded fellows. Essentially my passion for lasers has seen me through.
- Do you like being the LSO? Yes, it gives me the opportunity to maintain the lasers and keep myself as well as the practice up to date on the latest developments within the fast paced laser industry.
- What do you feel are the challenges of “today’s” LSO? Today’s “LSO” has many challenges to face in the aspect of providing the best patient care with safety in mind. The parameters that are in place are there to protect the patient as well as give respect to the technology while providing incredible results.
Becoming a CMLSO
- How has becoming certified helped/benefited you in your career? By becoming certified I have been able to maintain a job in today’s changing times. Employers feel confident that due to your efforts and initiative of becoming certified you as an employee care enough to offer the best in patient care. It also shows that you are dedicated in sharing laser information with your patients as well as your team. This gives you a “lead in” when it comes to growing your career.