While the International Laser Safety Conference (ILSC) Call for Papers has been out for several months now, only a small number of abstracts have been submitted to date. Although typical for session chairs to have to “chase down papers,” it would be a welcome deviation from the norm to be able to send them abstracts from which to choose.
Presentations or poster papers at laser safety professional conferences or meetings – and what better conference than ILSC – earn ½ CM point per presentation. This is in addition to the points earned from attending the conference.
New for 2013 is the ILSC Poster Presentation Gallery, which will be featured throughout the conference. To be included in the poster gallery, submit your abstract at www.lia.org/conferences/ilsc/abstract_submission. Presentations that submit a manuscript will be included in the ILSC Proceedings.
Laser Safety Scientific Sessions topics include:
- Safety Standards Legislation – Local to Global
- Practical Laser Safety
- Laser Safety Training
- Outdoor Lasers
- Control Measures
- High Powered Laser Issues
- Hazard & Risk Assessment
- Eye Protection
- Non-beam Hazards & Fume Extraction
If you are interested in participating in the Medical Practical Applications Seminar or the Technical Practical Applications Seminar, send an email to email@example.com.
Abstract Submission and Notification Schedule
- October 3, 2012 – Abstract submission deadline
- January 17, 2013 – Presenter final manuscript due, PDF format
- January 31, 2013 – Presenter registration and payment due
- February 21, 3013 – Hotel reservation deadline
Send your abstracts in today!